
'I'm tasting justice': Dilworth victim on facing his abuser in court
Victim 'feels lighter' after his abuser jailed for three years, seven months.
Victim 'feels lighter' after his abuser jailed for three years, seven months.
Dilworth teacher had 1997 conviction for abusing another student but kept name hidden.
Four complaints are allegedly about the college principal.
Previously Bishop Carrell told the Abuse in Care Royal Commission the number was about 30.
The case was called in the High Court today.
Pinehurst College principal says school is proud of what ex-student has achieved.
"I don't want comment on what might have been, hard to know what could have unfolded."
EDITORIAL: Our latest school leavers have had their lives turned around by Covid.
Complainant says "it makes you think about what they're teaching them".
Concern remains that school didn't understand cultural significance of the hairstyle.
The man died with the presumption of innocence.
Principal says the community's response was anxiety and worry.
Opinion: Schools, parents, and the sector need better oversight of low-performers.
The budget advisory service is busier this year as families prepare for back to school.
Schools have not even reopened for the year and they are already making lockdown plans.
Not having to make school lunches is one of the parental highlights of the holidays.
EDITORIAL: Extra credit this year to students who achieved despite the circumstances.
One Auckland principal credits "a heightened sense of urgency" among students last year.
More than 300 new students are set to join Rotorua classrooms this year.
The boy appeared in Porirua Youth Court today. No more charges will be laid against him.
Tāwhiao McMaster says history must reflect Māori as well as Pākeha versions of events.
Plenty of young people want - or need - to earn while they don't learn.
Opinion: If education isn't about raising aspirations then what is it about?
They were advised to leave their homes due to the risk, but what now?
Dilworth School was opened with the aim of helping boys from disadvantaged families.
The school was opened in 1906, with the aim of helping boys from disadvantaged families.
School leaders say a midnight arson attack could have proved deadly.
About 140,000 high school students will be taking the exams, which start on Monday.
Ian Wilson held several positions of responsibility during his time at the school.
Another man involved in the Dilworth School sex abuse case has lost name suppression.