
Man charged with murder in Christchurch social housing death
Tyrone Munns was found critically injured at Innes Court flats on March 9.
Tyrone Munns was found critically injured at Innes Court flats on March 9.
A bystander overpowered the suspect, who was then arrested.
The motorcyclist accepts he caused the couple's deaths but argues it isn't manslaughter.
He and a co-offender dropped the 7kg brick on the victim and kicked him repeatedly.
Mark Christiansen, 55, faces charges including burglary with a weapon.
The accused will appear in Hamilton District Court tomorrow.
The man was convicted of two family violence charges last month.
The man is accused of burgling a home while armed with a knife.
The 77-year-old prisoner has been on a hunger strike for over two weeks.
She and her husband run a food service that feeds up to 3500 people a week.
Mitchell Te Kani died after a group of Mongrel Mob members stormed his parent's home.
The woman has previously lost a child and said she was worried what people would think.
Police have established the victim suffered his injuries from an assault.
Charles Wharton will fight three charges at trial in the High Court at Hamilton next year.
Chilling footage has captured the moment a man was shot in a 'targeted' attack.
Two relatives began yelling at the defendant, with one trying to push towards the dock.
Two men, aged 23 and 25, are charged with Doreion Hard's death as mum mourns.
After admitting attempted murder he recanted, claiming he was there for a debate only.
'By that point, there was no time to move. I looked at the ute, I’m like ‘f*** I’m dead’.'
The pair were attacked on the front lawn of their home on Auckland's North Shore.
The death of the 26-year-old has been referred to the coroner.
A former surgeon has admitted guilt for sexually abusing hundreds of victims.
Lilie James' killer stalked her seven times in the week before the attack.
The 29-year-old had a further 14 months jail time added to his current sentence.
The 50-year-old says he knows how much force to use before inflicting harm.
The victim was stabbed, burned and forced to eat faeces. He suffered a broken spine.
Police urge people with information to 'speak with us before we knock on their door'.
The 63-year-old man was found with critical head injuries on a footpath in Miramar.
The men travelled to a park to meet a seller before the shooting, a friend said.
Man accused of shooting Yvonne Chapman is still in hospital, delaying court appearance.