Bay of Plenty Times
  • Bay of Plenty Times home
  • Latest news
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Property
  • Sport
  • Video
  • Death notices
  • Classifieds

Subscriptions

  • Herald Premium
  • Viva Premium
  • The Listener
  • BusinessDesk

Sections

  • Latest news
  • On The Up
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Property
    • All Property
    • Residential property listings
  • Rural
    • All Rural
    • Dairy farming
    • Sheep & beef farming
    • Horticulture
    • Animal health
    • Rural business
    • Rural life
    • Rural technology
  • Sport

Locations

  • Coromandel & Hauraki
  • Katikati
  • Tauranga
  • Mount Maunganui
  • Pāpāmoa
  • Te Puke
  • Whakatāne
  • Rotorua

Media

  • Video
  • Photo galleries
  • Today's Paper - E-Editions
  • Photo sales
  • Classifieds

Weather

  • Thames
  • Tauranga
  • Whakatāne
  • Rotorua

NZME Network

  • Advertise with NZME
  • OneRoof
  • Driven Car Guide
  • BusinessDesk
  • Newstalk ZB
  • Sunlive
  • ZM
  • The Hits
  • Coast
  • Radio Hauraki
  • The Alternative Commentary Collective
  • Gold
  • Flava
  • iHeart Radio
  • Hokonui
  • Radio Wanaka
  • iHeartCountry New Zealand
  • Restaurant Hub
  • NZME Events

SubscribeSign In

Advertisement
Advertise with NZME.
Home / Bay of Plenty Times

Teen attack put online

Morgan Tait
Morgan Tait
Reporter·Bay of Plenty Times·
25 Jan, 2016 12:30 AM2 mins to read

Subscribe to listen

Access to Herald Premium articles require a Premium subscription. Subscribe now to listen.
Already a subscriber?  

Listening to articles is free for open-access content—explore other articles or learn more about text-to-speech.
‌
Save
    Share this article
A video of the vicious group attack was posted on Facebook.

A video of the vicious group attack was posted on Facebook.

A video has been posted to Facebook showing what appears to be a vicious group attack by teenage boys on another boy at a popular New Zealand holiday spot.

The video, reportedly filmed in Whangamata and posted online on Saturday afternoon, shows three boys attacking the victim, who also appears to be a teenager.

A family member of the victim said he had just turned 18 years old and may have to have jaw surgery following the attack. He said the fight occurred last week and the victim was treated at the local medical centre.

A police spokesman said police were aware of the fight and investigating. "A complaint was made to us. Three youths are helping us with our inquiries," he said.

Children aged between 14 and 16 years old are classified as youths under the New Zealand justice system.

Advertisement
Advertise with NZME.
Advertisement
Advertise with NZME.

NZME has chosen not to publish the video due to the graphic nature which starts by showing one teen holding the victim while another punches him, knocking him to ground. While he is on the ground, a third teen kicks him in the head.

The victim is then picked up by his by his clothes and dragged a short distance before being thrown onto the ground. He is seen cowering as the other teens approach him..

Discover more

Police seek help

20 Jan 06:58 PM

Warrant to arrest issued

21 Jan 09:36 PM

Bay stores getting smart to keep one step ahead of shoplifters

23 Jan 12:55 AM
Save
    Share this article

Latest from Bay of Plenty Times

Bay of Plenty Times

Tauranga homicide: Memorials held for the 'big guardian of downtown'

19 Feb 05:00 PM
Bay of Plenty Times

Sinkhole warning after suspected wastewater leak on Coromandel Peninsula’s eastern coastline

19 Feb 04:35 AM
Bay of Plenty Times

'Like Russian Roulette': Residents plead for fixes to deadly SH2 bend

19 Feb 04:00 AM

Sponsored

Cyber crime in 2025: Increased specialisation, increased collaboration, increased risk

09 Feb 09:12 PM
Advertisement
Advertise with NZME.

Latest from Bay of Plenty Times

Tauranga homicide: Memorials held for the 'big guardian of downtown'
Bay of Plenty Times

Tauranga homicide: Memorials held for the 'big guardian of downtown'

Police have opened a homicide investigation into the death of rough sleeper Dax Holland.

19 Feb 05:00 PM
Sinkhole warning after suspected wastewater leak on Coromandel Peninsula’s eastern coastline
Bay of Plenty Times

Sinkhole warning after suspected wastewater leak on Coromandel Peninsula’s eastern coastline

19 Feb 04:35 AM
'Like Russian Roulette': Residents plead for fixes to deadly SH2 bend
Bay of Plenty Times

'Like Russian Roulette': Residents plead for fixes to deadly SH2 bend

19 Feb 04:00 AM


Cyber crime in 2025: Increased specialisation, increased collaboration, increased risk
Sponsored

Cyber crime in 2025: Increased specialisation, increased collaboration, increased risk

09 Feb 09:12 PM
NZ Herald
  • About NZ Herald
  • Meet the journalists
  • Newsletters
  • Classifieds
  • Help & support
  • Contact us
  • House rules
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Competition terms & conditions
  • Our use of AI
Subscriber Services
  • Bay of Plenty Times e-edition
  • Manage your print subscription
  • Manage your digital subscription
  • Subscribe to Herald Premium
  • Subscribe to the Bay of Plenty Times
  • Gift a subscription
  • Subscriber FAQs
  • Subscription terms & conditions
  • Promotions and subscriber benefits
NZME Network
  • Bay of Plenty Times
  • The New Zealand Herald
  • The Northland Age
  • The Northern Advocate
  • Waikato Herald
  • Rotorua Daily Post
  • Hawke's Bay Today
  • Whanganui Chronicle
  • Viva
  • NZ Listener
  • Newstalk ZB
  • BusinessDesk
  • OneRoof
  • Driven Car Guide
  • iHeart Radio
  • Restaurant Hub
NZME
  • About NZME
  • NZME careers
  • Advertise with NZME
  • NZME Digital Performance Marketing
  • Book your classified ad
  • Photo sales
  • NZME Events
  • © Copyright 2026 NZME Publishing Limited
TOP